April 8, 2013

One, Two, Three, Four...Tell the People What She Wore



Hi friends! I've been designing up a storm these past few weeks. But during this time something was weighing on my mind. Almost a year ago, I went to the Making Things Happen Tour in NYC. I was asked what action step I wanted to take. I told the group, to swim again. I used to be a Varsity swimmer, but an illness wiped me out of the water. I used to love my my 4 am swim practices. Last May, I felt so overwhelmed with my full-time advertising job and recovering from Lyme Disease that I couldn't even think about swimming.

To be honest, there was a time when I didn't think I'd be back in a bathing suit. Not because I was self-conscious, but it reminded me of my happy days in the pool.  Lyme Disease had 
made me slow, sore and took the joy out of my workouts. Well Lyme, I had the last laugh, and I'm back in the pool. I've started out slow, but I'll be back to the fish I was! It feels great to be back in the water. I hope Baby B loves swimming as much as me!

-BL

No comments:

Post a Comment