April 15, 2014

Please Mr. Postman


Please Mr. Postman
Look and See
If There's a Letter in your Bag for Me

This month is National Card and Letter Writing Month and what better way to celebrate by sending some mail! Sure, emails, Facebook and messages are nice and instant, but nothing is finer than a handwritten letter! I believe these are life's little communication luxuries and a timeless art that shouldn't be lost.

When I first met my boyfriend 12 years ago, turned husband, I was a senior in high school and he was a sophomore in college 2 hours away from me. We didn't take advantage of AOL Instant Messenger and email as much and instead wrote letters to each other weekly. I even mailed him a BIG round Pumpkin with a message on it one year because we would miss Halloween together! I kept all these notes in two shoe boxes under my bed and when we moved, I kept them with me because I didn't want to lose my treasures by chance. I'm so happy I have them and get to see our love written out. That's something email and social media can't replace.



When was the last time you sent a handwritten letter? Go ahead and practice your penmanship and add some cheer to someone's mailbox! Don't forget to grab some personalized stationery to make writing more enjoyable!


No comments:

Post a Comment