March 4, 2011

Sustainable and Stylish

I've always tried my best to be green. When I began my stationery business, I searched for high quality recycled paper. I soon found other ways to turn my studio green. I save scraps of paper after I'm done cutting, and I use them for future projects or to take notes.  

Today, consumers have a wide variety of beautiful and unique products that are eco friendly. With so many birthdays, showers, celebrations or just plain I love you days coming up, its nice to get gifts that care about earth too.


Here's a few of my favorite earth friendly gifts:


1. Totes for the sweethearts in mind. Personalized "Boy meets Girl Eco Tote" loved by celebrities, moms, brides, and women. Use it to carry library books, gym clothes or groceries.



2. Jimi wallet. Being a Jimi owner myself, I can vouch for how handy this product is. It also makes a great gift for guys who hate lugging around wallets.  They use recycled and recyclable materials that have a low impact on the environment. They also donate 1% of their sales revenue to the environment through the 1% For The Planet initiative. 


3. Little Posh Bebe Boutique uses eco-friendly felt. Your baby can be stylish with adorable shoes, and as a mom, you can feel good about choosing an eco friendly product. 


4. These soy candles by Maddison Avenue are made from 100% plant wax that won't pollute your air! Now that smells good! You can make it unique to the lucky person on your list by personalizing it with their name. Who doesn't love their name on something? 


5. These bottle spring vases add any personality to a room. Made from reclaimed bedspring and old recycled beverage glasses.  Who would have thought that last week's drink would become so hip?


I hope these green gift suggestions inspire you. There are a wide variety of products out there that use less resources and are friendlier to the earth. Sustainability can also be stylish!


1 comment: