December 31, 2013

1 Year Ago Today



One year ago today on New Years Eve, I gave in my notice to the advertising firm I worked at that I was leaving. I was 3 months pregnant at the time. It took me a long time to make that decision to pursue my happiness full-time (I could't go to sleep for weeks because self-doubt Brittany made me scared at the time!) Some people couldn't understand why I would leave my stable job but my heart's desire was SO loud I couldn't keep it quite anymore. It was the best decision (and riskiest) I ever did make so far.


Especially when it's 7AM in the morning and I'm holding my son close while feeding him. There is no where else I want to be. My stationery business may be small to some but it's so BIG in my heart. It allows me to stay at home to design things I love and raise my son, Benny the way I want. I've loved working with every single client this year putting my heart deep into each project. Going to the NYC Making Things Happen tour in 2012 changed the way I looked at success and helped me make this decision. So if you need a push… listen to your heart. It's always 100% right.

Happy New Year everyone! Let's make 2014 rock :)


-Brittany Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment