February 18, 2012

Finding Inspiration in Everyday Things


As a creative person, I'm constantly being inspired by everyday things. The photo above was taken in the McLellan House at the Portland Museum of Art in Portland, ME. The mansion features this vivid vintage wallpaper that I absolutely fell in love with. The design is really unique and makes the room POP with color! 

It's wonderful how wallpaper can add a pinch of personality to a room, and give an identity to a home. The designs and color schemes in the rooms of the McLellan House also gave me tons of ideas to apply to my own paper goods line. One of my favorite things about being a designer is 
reinterpreting vintage designs into modern contemporary stationery. 

What everyday things inspire you?

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment